Anxiety disorders can cause major problems in your day-to-day life. Constant, crippling anxiety and fear are symptoms of anxiety disorders. You might avoid activities such as work, school, family gatherings, and other social events because of your extreme anxiety since they might aggravate your symptoms. However, with the right Anxiety treatment in Delhi, you can manage your feelings.
Anxiety Disorder Symptoms
Anxiety disorders are characterized by an excess of fear or concern. It might be challenging to breathe, sleep, keep still, and focus when you have an anxiety problem. Depending on the type of anxiety illness you have, you might experience certain symptoms.
Typical symptoms of the disorder include:
- Fear, anxiety, and panic
- feelings of fear, dread, or threat
- issues with sleep
- not being able to maintain silence and calmness
- Cold, perspiration-filled, tingly, or numb hands or feet
- breathing difficulty
Anxiety Disorder Diagnoses
Your doctor will check you if you are experiencing symptoms and enquire about your medical background. Doctors could do tests to rule out any other illnesses that could be the source of your symptoms.
There are no specialised blood tests for diagnosing anxiety disorders. Your doctor could refer you to a psychiatrist if they didn’t identify a medical cause for how you’re experiencing it. To determine if you could have an anxiety problem, those experts will question you, do tests, and use screening tests.
Anxiety Disorder Treatments
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – One of the best therapies for anxiety disorder is cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Studies on several anxiety disorder therapies have indicated that while no one therapy is effective for everyone, the advantages of CBT may outlast those of medication.
- CBT enables you to challenge your unfavourable or anxious thoughts and do actions that you would otherwise avoid due to your anxiety. It often entails scheduling weekly 1-hour sessions lasting three to four months with therapists who have received specialised training and accreditation.
- Antidepressants – A person with an anxiety problem is often treated with modern antidepressants (SSRIs and SNRIs) initially. Escitalopram and fluoxetine are examples of SSRI medications (Prozac). SNRIs comprise venlafaxine and duloxetine (Cymbalta) (Effexor). Antidepressants, when combined with proper therapy, can help you against the disorder effectively.
- Benzodiazepines – If you experience persistent anxiety or panic attacks, your doctor could recommend one of these medications. These aid in reducing anxiousness. Alprazolam (Xanax) and clonazepam are two examples (Klonopin).
- They are efficient, but you could develop a reliance on them. They shouldn’t be used for an extended period of time because they are often designed to supplement treatment for anxiety disorders.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) – An especially effective kind of CBT is dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT). DBT is currently used to treat a number of illnesses, including anxiety; however, it was initially developed to treat borderline personality disorder. The main goals of DBT are to promote transformation, acceptance, and what appears to be a “dialectical” (opposite) viewpoint.
- You will learn to accept your anxiety while also actively trying to alter it throughout DBT therapy. It’s comparable to the idea of accepting oneself as you are but still making an effort to improve.
It’s critical to seek medical or mental health assistance if your anxiety affects how you function on a daily basis. If you are diagnosed with an anxiety condition, a successful treatment plan devised by our specialists at Serenity Clinic, Dr Anjali Nagpal will help you in managing your symptoms and anxiety. We aim to provide quality treatment plans to help you live happily.