“Do you know that one out of ten people in the world is suffering from depression which is 10.7% globally? Addressing the issues at an early stage ensures healthy living.” Often people experience difficulties in taking the first step when asking for help.
People dealing with depression require support from family, friends, and, most importantly, good health specialists. Even when there is no one way to recover, treatments, services, and health specialists can help you treat depression.
Most commonly, such a mental condition is treated lightly, which can result in adversity. Taking medical assistance from the right depression specialist in Delhi at an early stage can be the right step to gradually getting rid of the condition.
What is Depression?
Depression is one of the most common types of mental disorders experienced by people in modern days. As WHO mentions, depression is the prime reason for disability. Despite awareness, it is considered a mood swing and short-term emotional change due to everyday challenges. However, if it becomes persistent, it is advisable to get professional help from the best psychiatrist in Delhi for depression.
Depression can be a slow-killer
Even when depression does not show symptoms as other diseases would, this disease can be life-threatening. It is generally categorized as severe, moderate, or mild. This mental disorder can sometimes stay for a few weeks to months or even several years.
People suffering from depression commonly suffer from other symptoms such as low self-esteem, low concentration, not getting appropriate and adequate sleep, and extreme loss of appetite. Not everyone suffers from the same type of depression. For this, you must have explicit knowledge of the classes:
Recurrent Depressive Disorder
This generally results in keeping the person low, depressed, unable to find interest in everyday activities, and staying low on energy for at least two weeks.
Bipolar Affective Disorder
This is again a type that includes both manic and depressive episodes that are separated by everyday mood. People suffering from this kind of depression experience tremendous high and low mood swings. This is also referred to as Manic Depression.
This is another psychotic symptom like hallucinations, paranoia, and delusions.
- This is another kind that the mother mainly experiences after childbirth.
What are the Symptoms of Depression?
So, you had a fight with your sibling over your favourite game, and you lost. Or your boyfriend forgot to wish you your three-month anniversary. And now you are upset and sad and tell everyone you are depressed. Is this depression? Depression is a clinical state in which you may experience some of the following symptoms:
- Experiencing low mood for most of the day for at least fifteen days.
- Getting up and brushing your teeth is also an ordeal for you.
- Blaming yourself for everything that goes wrong around you.
- Feeling your friends and peers are way more thoughtful and intelligent than you.
- Regarding the worst that happens to you, you often ask why me?
- Tossing in bed, not able to sleep or sleeping throughout the day.
- You don’t enjoy watching your favourite TV shows or meeting your friends.
- Feeling empty from inside.
- Thinking of plans to end life.
- Eating the entire day or not feeling hungry at all.
What are the Causes of Depression?
Is it the imbalance of the neurochemicals in your brain, or should you blame it on genes, or is it the environment which has pushed you towards depression? Recent research points toward epigenetics; you may be genetically predisposed to depression.
Still, the environment also plays an essential role in ensuring whether you will have a chemical imbalance or will handle the situation and become resilient and more vital. So don’t just blame it on the environment, genetics, or neurochemicals. You can turn this in your favour with the proper guidance and depression treatment in Delhi
What are the Risk Factors Associated with Depression?
Certain factors increase the likelihood of depression:
- Personality traits such as low self-esteem, being too dependent, self-critical or pessimistic
- Experiencing stressful or traumatic events
- It runs in your family
- Belonging to the LGBTQI community and having trouble with sexual identity
- History of mental health disorder
- Substance abuse
- Being diagnosed with a chronic illness such as heart disease or cancer
- As a result of the side effects of medications
What are the Complications Associated with Depression?
- Obesity can further lead to heart disease and diabetes
- Substance abuse
- Anxiety disorders
- Complex Relations at Home and Workplace
- Social isolation
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Premature death as a result of medical conditions
How can Depression be Treated?
- Antidepressants: selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs) may be used for adults.
- rTMS: magnetic radiations are used on the affected part of the brain as a non-invasive technique to alleviate the symptoms of depression.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT): involves equipping the person with the ability to recognize distorted or negative thought patterns and change them to deal with the situation positively.
- Dialectical behaviour therapy helps accept uncomfortable thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- Psychodynamic therapy: the therapist helps examine childhood experiences and how they may impact our day-to-day life. the focus is on developing ways to cope with life.
- Family or couple therapy helps deal with issues within close relationships.
- Group therapy: this helps people deal with similar situations.
Therapy is usually adequate for mild depression. In the case of moderate to severe depression, both medication and treatment can be used. Meditation and acupuncture have also been shown to ease symptoms of depression.
In addition, regular exercise, avoiding substance abuse, setting personal and professional boundaries, getting enough sleep, eating healthy and pursuing hobbies can help with depression.
Our Therapy Process
We understand what you are going through and can feel your struggle. Keeping in mind your current mental condition resulting from something from your past or recent experience, you are going through the phenomena.
We believe in treating our clients with utmost comfort, and therefore initially. We focus on building great relationships to keep it easy going. We have experienced therapists who would not hover over your head. Instead, they would like to become friends so that you find it easy and seamless to convey your difficulties.
We all know you seek confidentiality; trust us, your information is safe and sealed. In the best interest of you and the therapist, our depression doctor in Delhi, rides on the boat to find out the root cause of the problem.
We know that you are aware of the root cause but are uncomfortable sharing. Fine! Let us provide you with the best depression treatment and gain your trust if that makes us reliable and help us to treat the condition.
Call +91 9811006930 and speak to any office staff to learn more or schedule an appointment.